Magnolia Public School District is committed to bringing unique learning opportunities to our students and we are pleased to introduce a new, free reading service providing digital books through Sora, the student reading app.
Sora provides 24/7 access to ebooks and audiobooks for all our students. It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home, on the weekends or during breaks with no worry about misplacing a book or running up late fees—these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period.
Sora can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, learning-challenged, second language learners, and gifted readers can all benefit from this service.
- Enrich vocabulary and improve comprehension and pronunciation
- Introduce students to books above their reading level
- Teach critical listening
- Help busy kids find time to read
- Incentivize reading with fun avatars and achievements
- Allow easy access to Arkansas Digital Library Consortium’s age-appropriate collection, too! (In the Sora app, tap on Magnolia School District and select: +Add a library)
Download the free Sora app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or visit soraapp.com, select Magnolia School District, sign in with your school email address and password, and enjoy anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Whether a student’s interest lies in classics for required reading or the latest popular juvenile or young adult fiction, they can find it all in Sora!